Palestine Fair Trade Australia is a registered charity and social enterprise which brings fair trade, artisanal Palestinian products available across Australia. We are committed to providing advocacy for human rights in Palestine as well as supporting women, artisans and farmers to make a decent living.
We need volunteers to help in many different way:
- In Sydney assisting with Markets
- In Melbourne assisting with Markets
- Woocommerce Website design and Sales from anywhere in Australia
Contact: [email protected]
Please keep reading…
The Melbourne Challenge – can you beat Sydney next year – Contact: [email protected]
- Assisting us set up and coordinate a Market Stalls Team so we can extend our advocacy for Palestine while selling our products in Melbourne – selling online supports us financially but dealing with people directly allows us to spread the message about Palestine far more effectively.
Although there will be lots of assistance to get started you will need to be someone (or a small team) to coordinate markets in Melbourne. Tasks include researching suitable markets, booking stalls and making sure there is a team available to run the stall. You might want to join the PFTA board as a Melbourne representative. The PFTA organisation will pay any costs of booking & running stalls.
- Melbourne Markets Team Members with a vehicle who are able to pick up stock from where it will be stored, take it to a market (somewhere in Melbourne), be responsible for setting up the stall and running it (with the assistance of other volunteers) for the first half of the day and/or look after the stall for the second half of the day then pack up and return products to Waterloo. This would be an approximate 6 hour commitment per market following training.
- Melbourne Markets Team Members – working with others to run market stalls, serving customers and discussing the Palestine situation with them. This would be an approximate 4 hour commitment per market.
- Providing us with a storage location for stock in Melbourne – this will be essential if we are to run stalls. The storage area must not get too hot as the quality of the olive oils will deteriorate. If you could donate a share in a Kennards wine storage space or similar that would be ideal – otherwise airconditioned but anywhere that does not get too hot, eg secure underground garage space, would be great. Time commitment – minimal, just what is required to allow volunteers to pick up and return stock for markets and conduct stocktakes.
In Sydney – Contact: [email protected]
- Assisting with market stalls where we not only sell our products but chat with customers about Palestine, reaching a wide audience of people – time commitment up to you.
- Sydney Markets Team Members with a vehicle who are able to pick up stock from Waterloo, take it to a market (somewhere in Sydney), be responsible for setting up the stall and running it (with the assistance of other volunteers) for the first half of the day and/or look after the stall for the second half of the day then pack up and return products to Waterloo. You will not be left on your own with this until you are ready. This would be an approximate 6 hour commitment per market.
- Sydney Markets Team Members – working with others to run market stalls, serving customers and discussing the Palestine situation with them. This would be an approximate 4 hour commitment per market.
- Assisting us in The Fair Trade Emporium – a fair trade shop in Marrickville run in cooperation with other Fair Trade organisations.
This involves working a regular 3 or 6 hour shift in the shop on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday on a regular basis (weekly or fortnightly). Training provided. References required.
- Assisting with stock management – assisting with occasional stocktake tasks.
Volunteers located anywhere in Australia – Contact: [email protected]
1. Expertise in the Woocommerce Website design – Can you provide assistance, advice and training for our current volunteers, 2-3 hours per week initially but less as other team members increase their expertise
2. Sales – helping us to expand our wholesale and retail customer base Australia-wide, ideally working with a team of other volunteers to:
- contact and follow up with possible wholesale customers in cooperation with the responsible Board members. If you have the time and expertise this could
develop into a Board of Management position. Time commitment – 2-6+ hours per week, probably during business hours
- contact newspapers and radio to talk about Fair Trade and of course Palestine in particular. Time commitment – 2-6+ hours per week
- Bilingual volunteers especially welcome to contact especially community language media Time commitment – 2-6+ hours per week