Total Time: 40 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 cups maftoul (Palestinian couscous)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water
- 1 red onion cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) (5-1/3 oz) (150 gm) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6 large dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup parsley leaves chopped
- 50g olives
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 tablespoons (30-60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Palestinian za’atar
- Place your maftoul in a pot, add the hot water and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot and set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Toast the almonds and set aside to cool.
- Fluff the maftoul with a fork then allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place your chopped onions in a bowl and add the vinegar to them, toss to coat, then set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the onions, discard the vinegar.
- Add the olives, tomatoes, parsley, red onions, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Toss to combine.
- Arrange the salad in your serving dish, top with toasted almonds and sprinkle with za’atar.
Share this post